Saturday, October 15, 2011

Time to hit the PAUSE button



    This has proved to be quite an interesting week.  I went in to the doctor last Friday for what I thought was a pulled muscle. It turned out I was having contractions. After a few follow up appointments we learned that this little guy in my belly is really eager to meet the world sooner than he should.

   I've been put on complete bedrest.  For those who know my crazy schedule this is quite a drastic change.  This not only means I've stopped teaching/directing children's theatre until next year... but all of my upcoming craft shows and classes have sadly been canceled/postponed.  No more big belly's selling crafty goodness for now.


    My emotions have been all over the place. I go from worrying about his health, to being selfishly sad about all I'll be missing out on (like Nick Cacciola and Jamie Price's wedding, aka The Wedding of the Century in NY, which we were supposed to attend at the end of the month), to being overwhelmed with gratitude because my family and friends have been so helpful and supportive, to feeling empowered by the choice to stay put and make the health of our new family most important.

    The first night after learning about my new "condition" my friend Chris Shin posted this lovely video on Facebook with the comment "Breathing."  While I know he had no idea what was going on in my life at the time, I could not believe how apropo this sweet little song was.

    This has become our new theme song. Hang On Little Tomato!



Just hang on, hang on to the vine
Stay on, soon you'll be divine
If you start to cry, look up to the sky
Something's coming up ahead
To turn your tears to dew instead

And so I hold on to his advice
When change is hard and not so nice
You listen to your heart the whole night through
Your sunny someday will come one day soon to you
    

1 comment:

Alison Wills said...

Awe, Molly...I'm sorry you have to be put on bed rest, but so happy to hear that you are and your little bundle are doing well! Thoughts and prayers are with you!! <3