Friday, February 11, 2011

What a great way to wake up!

This morning I woke up to find I was mentioned as a "tweep to follow" by @CrochetBlogger.

Check it out!

http://www.crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/02/10-crochet-tweeps-to-follow-on-twitter/

(Literally... I was still buried under the covers when I was notified of the mention through my phone)

I also realized I've been missing out on what might be the greatest crochet blog EVER!


110216MaroesHorstjalouse04
(from StyleBistro via CrochetConcupiscence)

I've only had a few minutes to explore Kathryn Vercillo's blog, but I'm already in love.

I've learned a new word

Concupiscence - Which she defines as "An ardent usually sensuous longing"... "The Never satiated desire to draw as much of reality as possible into one's self; the unlimited striving for"... "Specifically, Concupiscence is the spontaneous movement of our sensual appetite toward what we imagine as pleasant and away from what we imagine as painful"

And

I'm so super looking forward to checking out more of her blog - look at what she covers...



"Some of the things that you will find on this crochet blog include:
  • Crochet news. There is more crochet news out there in the media than you might think!
  • Crochet artist profiles. Each week on this blog I’ll profile the work of an interesting, unique crochet artist.
  • Crochet book reviews. And general information about what can be found in different crochet books.
  • Crochet quotes. Every day on this Monday-Friday blog you’ll find a quote about crochet.
  • How to crochet. Information about crochet stitches, crochet techniques and crochet tutorials.
  • My crochet patterns and projects. It’s always neat to see what other crochet artists are working on, right?
  • Crochet on Etsy. Each afternoon I’ll post an image of great crochet work I’m adoring on Etsy.
  • Reviews of crochet events and experiences.
  • Information and ideas from the wider crochet community including Etsy, Swapbot and more."


I suggest checking her out - www.crochetconcupiscence.com

I'm now off to teach these kiddos how to work with Fiber at www.suzooswoolworks.com.

I think it's gonna be a good day. 








(Fiber Fun class - we made Giraffes!)





No comments: