Friday, March 23, 2012

Earlier this week, The Musical Theatre Community has lost a dear friend and a true talent.  John Bisom was honestly the most lovely man I have ever worked with, and although I was only lucky enough to do two shows with him, I'm heartbroken over his passing.

Here's my favorite of the clips that have recently been posted in his honor.


And, here's my favorite Johnny B memory.  From what I recall this fan, who I believe had autism, would learn the entire score to all shows that were done at Musical Theatre West.  Although the film is dark you can feel the love he is showering on this young man.  It is one of my most beautiful and vivid musical theatre memories.



David Engel recently posted info about a memorial fund that has been created.  Here's the info.


"A not-for profit donation fund has been created for John Bisom.

The John Bisom Memorial Fund will defray Johnny's outstanding medical expenses and settle his final affairs. All remaining money will be used to create a John Bisom Scholarship Fund and each year a high school student in Johnny's hometown, Long Beach, will be awarded funds for studies in the fine arts.

The fund will be administered by Musical Theatre West.

Tax deductible donations should be made out to:
Musical Theatre West, memo John Bisom Memorial Fund.
4350 E. 7th St. 
Long Beach, CA 90804-5546

MTW will soon have a donation link on their musical.org home page and will be set up to accept donations over the phone as well.

Goodnight sweet prince. Your light will be dearly missed. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I worked with Johnny in the 90's onboard the SSNorway..he was such a dear man..one of my favorite people ever...we lost touch as I was on East coast and he on the west..I tried to FB him today and discovered he passed away....I am heartbroken
.such a beautiful soul...what happened? All I can find is he took his own life due to depression over health issues..neurological damage that rendered him unable to walk? All so terribly sad....thank you for more info ..Melissa Stone